Early on in my career I realized a few indisputable things:
- Technology will change the world.
- Jobs and economies will permanently be impacted by technology.
- Technology thought leaders regularly attend and meet at conferences and events.
- Technology events are great educational and networking opportunities.
- Regardless of how much technology advances it will never be a substitute for face-to-face interaction.
So, fast forward nearly 20 years and what I do is a direct reflection of these realizations all those years ago.
On a daily basis you’ll find me working across multiple industries with many different types of people and communities to make things happen in the technology sector.
I regularly conceive of new ideas and work with design experts to being them to life. I work with individual and groups of technologists to build things. I create and help implement marketing campaigns. I form partnerships that both fund and provide content for everything we do. I work to ensure the companies and organizations underpinning all of it run smoothly and don’t run aground. Most importantly, I work to ensure all of it is done for the express purpose of creating opportunities for other people.